That is the question. I have been going to the gym for almost a year now. I checked my account and I have gone 97 times! I have received so many benefits from getting in shape, even I am surprised I am thinking of dropping it.
- My hips don't hurt after a busy shift at work anymore.
- I am actually happier and not nearly as moody. I even feel like I have more patience.
- I feel great and my pants are all too big.
- My kids are frequently the ones dragging me to the gym - they have made lots of friends there.
- I have been able to do things there is no way I could have done without going including shoveling 5 yards of dirt and biking 40 miles and still trying to break a sweat.
So the disadvantages have to be pretty high to make me think of dropping it.
- First, I am paying over $600 a year for me and my children to go to the gym.
- Time wise, it takes me 15 min. to get there so that's 30 min. round trip I am losing as opposed to exercising at home.
- I also go first thing in the morning, which makes me feel like I am not getting to use my most productive time of the day to get things done.
- At the gym feel like I have to kill myself exercising since my time there is so valuable to me (having to have my kids in the kids club). Then I come home all worn out and a nap is usually in order with the kids afternoon naps. (not to mention no energy to clean!)
- I love to plan adventures with my kids, but going to the gym has definitely cut out lots of these adventures. (we have used our zoo season pass once!)
I am still mulling it around in my head, but I am definitely pointing more towards the 'quitting' direction. What do you think?
(As an end thought, this is a hilarious post in regards to my last 3 posts. They are all about exercising and eating healthy, and the one before those is about my role as homemaker. Well, there you have it, my two arched nemeses.)